Some memories of Old Tobruk
Tobruk was known to the Ancient Greeks as Avrinupyoc
and to the Romans as Antipyrgos.
All pictures on this page courtesy Tobruk Archivist El Mahdi Al Sherrif via Milud El Nibbu
The Catholic Church 1934, before it was changed to a museum.
Church of St. Francis of Assisi.
St. Mary's statue with Jesus inside the church.
British Flag raised by British soldiers, Tobruk, WWII
Field Marshall Montgomery.
Field Marshall Montgomery having a tea break at Tobruk WWII.
Field Marshall Montgomery meeting with officers at Tobruk WWII.
British soldiers posing in front of Café Palermo established by the Italians at Tobruk WWII.
British soldiers posing near the church in Tobruk WWII.
British tanks roaring in the Libyan desert near Tobruk, WWII.
Old building damaged by the war in Tobruk, WWII.
Graphiti written on his school wall by Milud El Nibbu during the 1969 revolution
An old bunker in Tobruk during World War II.
An English Lady Posing
English Ladies Gossiping.
King Idris' Doctor's Beach.
Approach road to Tobruk.
Do you remember T.E.A.R.S? Well take a look (and listen) here